In this conversation, Jillian Flodstrom and Ernesto Mandowsky discuss the challenges that business owners face when trying to scale their businesses. They talk about the importance of setting goals and how business owners often get stuck in the “rat race” of fulfilling urgent tasks. Mandowsky also discusses his approach to designing systems to help business owners scale their operations.
This show covers:
- The introduction to Ernesto Mandowsky, CEO of CPD Advisors and expert in designing systems to help leaders scale their organizations
- Discussion of the challenges business owners face when trying to scale their businesses, including getting stuck in the “rat race” of fulfilling urgent tasks
- The importance of setting goals and determining if a business has the capacity to fulfill them before implementing systems to help with scaling
- Mandowsky’s approach to designing systems for businesses, including his proprietary six p playbook
- The role of mindset in feeling confident and overcoming obstacles when trying to scale a business.
As business owners, we often find ourselves caught up in the hustle and bustle of daily operations, rarely taking the time to step back and assess where the biggest challenges and bottlenecks are in our organizations. This can make it difficult to effectively scale our businesses.
Ernesto Mandowsky, CEO of CPD Advisors and expert in designing systems to help leaders scale their organizations, believes that the first obstacle to scaling a business is simply being caught up in the “rat race” of serving clients and meeting the day’s urgent needs. In order to overcome this obstacle, he suggests slowing down to assess the business’s goals and determine if they are achievable with the current manpower and resources.
When designing a system to help a business scale, Mandowsky starts by asking the business owner what their goals are. This allows him to tailor the system to the specific needs of the business and ensure that it will help them reach their goals. Mandowsky also emphasizes the importance of mindset in scaling a business. He notes that many business owners want to jump ahead to their end goals without taking the necessary steps to get there, leading to feelings of guilt and shame. To avoid this pitfall, he suggests focusing on the present and being confident in where the business is currently at.
In summary, scaling a business effectively requires slowing down to assess goals, designing a tailored system, and maintaining a confident and focused mindset. With these steps in mind, business owners can avoid common pitfalls and achieve success in scaling their organizations.
Learn more about Ernesto Mandowsky here: